The following is a paid review and is completely of my own opinion and is not influenced by being paid. If you’re interested in having me review your site or product, please view my advertising page.
Since I began working online just over 2 years ago things have been constantly changing, new laws come into place, Google wants you to provide the user with some value rather than a 1 page site full of affiliate links and not to mention the competition is always growing.
It’s always nice to see tools come out that not only help make your life easier but to add value to your website and stand out from the crowd by having a unique feature on your website which beings me on to the topic of this post: WP-Answers.
When I first checked out the demo (which can be found here) I already had a number of uses for the plugin which I could use on both my affiliate marketing campaigns along with some smaller SEO sites I have knocking about. You could use it as another form of fresh regular content, build up a FAQ for your website or just another method of getting interaction from your traffic… the list really goes on.
You can see a full list of the features here along with a more in depth description but for those who want to get a quick overview here is what this plugin will do for you:
• Question & Answers System – it works in the same way as Yahoo! Answers
• Points System – interaction with the site will award you points which can be seen on a leader board.
• Profile Pages – provides a history of each member with any questions they’ve asked or answers they have provided.
• Automatic Content + Updating – This is one of the main features I like about this, especially for affiliate marketing websites, you can pull content directly from Yahoo Answers (both questions and answers) and even set a schedule to post new content every hour, day, week or whatever you want.
• Customised Content – regardless what niche you’re in you get to pick the keywords that trigger the content to be published
• Easy Advertising Management – control any banners or adsense from the control panel
• 6 free themes ready to go – you can check out the themes by viewing the demo (top right).
• Free Tutorials & Support for life – pretty self explanatory
When it comes to the pricing they have 3 different tiers available:
• Single license – $89
• Multi-site license – $179
• Developer license – $249
It just depends on how you intend to use it to which one suits you the best. NOTE: Oliver has been kind enough to offer any of my readers a 20% discount by using the code RB1000 at the checkout.
If you own a blog or do any affiliate marketing feel free to sign up as an affiliate and earn 35% of any sales you can generate by clicking here.
Overall WP-Answers does seem a pretty good plugin, there are plenty of ideas you could incorporate this into either making it an expansion of your current site or creating a whole site based around Q&As in a niche topic.