Along with some great success I had a number of problems in December when it came to my affiliate marketing campaigns. The first half of the month was fairly sloppy, I had too much going on that I couldn’t get much done and I had the mindset “I’ll gather stats and lose X then tweak it later on to begin making profit.” The problem is that later never came, I continued to lose money until I finally sat down and worked on my campaigns.
Luckily I managed to flip the month from a loss into a profit and towards the end of December, I was having some great results as you will already know if you have been following my posts. The overall statistics for last month were as follows:
Spend = $8,473.51
Revenue = $9,614
Profit = $1,140.49
While I am happy with the amount of profit I made from December, I’m eager to improve this and hit some good numbers in 2009. I can actually say that I have been putting the work into my affiliate marketing campaigns and it’s definitely paying off.
One major problem that I had in December was my cash flow, I actually had my campaigns on pause for about 4-6 days until I got the payment from the networks in order to fuel them back up. I’m hoping that the issue will not be a problem after a couple of weeks – it’s just a case of reinvesting into my business to make even more money .
A quick peek into January 2009 and I can say that after the 3 days so far (1 day on pause) and I’m already reaching half of last month’s profit level – if I can keep on track then I should be around half way to my 6 figure a month goal I set for 2009!